Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Before she left the MTC

Kumusta po kayo lahat?!? Hopefully pinakadebes. but anyway hello everyone! so just a heads up- my entire schedule haschanged and my pday got changed to saturday so i will get to email on saturday RIGHT before i leave. SO STOKED. plus i get to call MONDAY NIGHT. i will talk about my flight plans but just so everyone is aware of what is happening. hahah

shoutouts to: Sierra, Kayla D, Madi, Jake, Kaycee, Landon, Mitchell Cavada, Madd, Mars, Aunt LaAna, Chiane, Sister Thorn, Momma, Daddy, John, Senia

Just FYI- i can only get mail here for ONE MORE WEEEEEK :O i leave in 6 days! if you are trying to get anything to me before i leave you MUST send it by friday at the absolute latest. dear elder me before i leave- I will get mail on monday but thats it!

HOW INSANE. time has seriously gone so quickly. ITS PINAKADEBES! (the best sa tagalog)

On tuesday night we had a devotional and Elder David F Evans of the Seventy and his wife spoke. His wife talked about not being distracted on our missions and how it is time to turn my heart over to the lord. to leave all thoughts of "me" behind and focus on the work. Elder Evans called us to repentence and about the spirit and how to teach through the spirit. After his talk i have made it a goal to submit to the fathers will. i think multiple times in my life i have prayed for guidance and in the end wanted to do what i wanted to do. but it is so important to remember that when we pray we must follow what the spirit tells us and have faith that it will be for our good.

My week has pretty much been really fast and i cant believe it is already P-day.

Wednesday was aweeeesome. I got to "host" two international sister missionaries. I pretty much got them settled in their rooms and what not and helped them get all their classroom materials. Both of my sisters were from Tonga and literally the SWEEEEETEST sisters alive. they were both going english speaking- one to Boise ID & one to Oakland CA. they were both so excited and super nice. After that I was waiting for my companions to go to lunch and i sat in the hallway where the new missionaries were coming in. I saw Jordan Ruesch- Ive only seen him that one time. but im sure i will see him somemore before i leave. That day i saw Skyler killian too & Patience Jensen (Sonny Smiths Cousin, mom) & we went to east tech together the one week i went. haha but im SO SO SO excited for this wednesday- Karlie FINALLY gets here. Jordan Parker too. Itll be awesome. I get to host tomorrow so im keeping my fingers crossed that i get to host sister tanner :D if not karlie- we MUST meet up somewhere. hahah


On Thursday I fasted, for multiple things. I needed answers and guidance and it was SUPER good. The spirit here is so uncomparable and i love that i get to experience everyday. I will miss it for sure. Thursday we were SUPPOSED to get our flight plans and they didnt come. it was certainly the upset of the day but it was no big deal. I had a good day still. We taught both of our investigators, Laura and Roy and they are both progressing like crazy. Its so cool. I love seeing them change and get stronger in the gospel.

My companionship was assigned to teach our district for sunday and we started preparing this day. Ill talk about our amazing lesson later.

On friday our elders (the foreign ones) got to go to temple square so our class was super tiny. Just the sisters with our teach Sister Watkins & it was super cool. we practiced teaching and i felt sooo much more comfortable in the language and i am understanding so much more. i did have a bit of an anxiety attack because i couldnt say some of the things i really wanted to and my grammer was off. so a zone resource teacher came and talked to me and made me feel a whole lot better. he said this: "you are fluent. you can communicate and that is what matters.  you may not be able to say everything you want but it will come." he told me when i teach an investigator they arent going to think when i leave "wow she had her 'ang' 'ng' and 'sa' in the wrong place" but they will remember how they felt when i taught them. that is what matters.

" it is frustrating because i want SO badly to just say everything i want but i know that it will come so quickly. once i am surrounded by tagalog i have no doubts that the lord will bless me with the gift of tongues to preach His gospel. no doubts. i am so happy i am learning this language. it will forever bless my life. plus mom, when i get home that is the only way i will speak to you so brush up on your tagalog hahaha. marley- you too.

On saturday we got our TRAVEL PLANSSS :D :D :D best day thus far at the MTC. So here are the details. I have to meet at the travel office on Monday night at 4:30pm. My flight leaves from the SLC airport at 7:50 pm. and i land in Los Angeles at LAX at 8:50 pm i will probably call mom from SLC just for a second and call again at LAX for longer. i have like a 4 hour layover. my flight doesnt leave until 1:15 in the morning and that is my long flight to Hong Kong and i land there on may 8th at 7 am. All of my companions and i are right next to eachother so itll be way good. Mom please- or anyone, send me uno, phase 10, something to do at the airport. coloring books- IDEC. just something. I will most likely try to sleep for r some of the flight to Hong Kong. and then from hong kong i get on a plane to Manila at 7:50 and that is where we will say bye to the elders in our district and sisters in our zone. ill be SO sad haha. We land in Manila at 9:55 am and there ill get on a bus to head to Tarlac where the mission home is located. I cant even handle that i leave the MTC so soon. I cannot wait. I am stoked to finally get to the philippines and just sweat. bahahaha but seriously, i am beyond excited. i will hopefully get to call or skype or SOMETHING on mothers day which is the first sunday im in the philippines so  mom- talk to kaycee about skype and figure it out. This saturday i ripped my skirt. no worries tho- it was in private but it was the cute yellow and black polka dot one. i was so sad and i was gonna get it fixed but idec so im just gonna send it home in the package. We also played sisters vs elders sand volleyball. it was hilarious. i should have played in high school cus im pretty beast hahahah. oh and john- i have also been playing basketball. i can take you one on one when i get home. im a pro.

Sunday was the best. It is my favorite day of the week.Sister Bonnie Oscarson, the new general young womens president spoke to us for relief society. it was such a good talk. first of all she and her husband were called to be a mission president/wife at age 25!!! isnt that insane?!! but she just said how  she felt like she didnt know anything but it was okay. She related that to us as missionaries and said how even when we feel like we dont know anything  it is okay, we are just barely called, we will learn. I just have to have faith. I know without a doubt that the lord will labor by my side. I will not be alone. She had us listen to this song called "the olive tree" but one line in there hit me really hard- until he comes & his work is done- we'll serve the king of kings.

we are small in number compared to the world but we are doing the greatest work and spreading the greatest message. if you are questioning whether or not to go on a mission- GO. you will never ever ever regret it. ever. i know that i have been preparing for this mission since before i came to this earth. i am qualified to be a witness of Christ. I know he is my savior & your savior. The work of saving souls is JOYOUS. we sang i feel my saviors love in closing and this is awesome " HE KNOWS I WILL FOLLOW HIM, GIVE ALL MY LIFE TO HIM." it is so true. i would give all for this gospel, Jesus suffered for MY sins, i will do all i can to build up his kingdom. My lesson with my companions was on Enduring to the End and it was so so so so good. seriously. We used the  talk Always in the Middle by Utchdorf from the July ensign, daddy im sure you remember it, its the talk you read to me the day i decided to for sure serve my mission. but i think it really helped all of the elders and sisters in our district. it is so true, i am so happy i am here serving the lord. it is just a short time in the eternity of things and it has already been such a HUGE blessing. I am so so so humbled to be a servant of the lord and doing His work. It is truly incredible. We talked about experiences with enduring to the end and i talked about Papa Lanny and his liver transplant. OBVI i got extremly emotional like i do anytime i talk about him but i just said how he was literally the perfect example. never complaining, always having faith, just knowing that the lord would bless him. Other
people in our district shared too. it was a super good lesson. In sacrament i said the closing prayer and my branch presidency said i did really good. and my companions said i was speaking super fast. thats a good thing hahaha. Our sunday devo was Elder Stephen B Allen, the managing director of the missionary dept. He said a lot of awesome things- but ill just say a few, make the next day better than the day before. This doesnt just apply to missionaries- but to everyone. you have the power to start over, days arent always going to be great but we can make it the best the following day. Another thing he said was that we are at war with satan, he is angry with me for serving a missiona dn he knows how to push my buttons, he wants me to quit but i will not. my call as a missionary is eternal.

I am part of a chosen generation and i have a role to play in his work. Generations will be changed through the teachings of the missionaries. The lord needs more missionaries.

Some other misc things- i saw patience jensen (sunny smiths cousin) she used to be in treys stake and is going to russia, i saw skyler killian, and this kid from treys stake i recognized from his mission prep class.

Landon- Thank you for the dear elder. and for all the pictures. i loved it. Thank you so much for praying for me. i was so happy when you wrote that. you are the greatest cuz. Love you so much!!!!! & i think kaylah wrote me too? tell her i love her :) and let me know what your future plans are. im out of the loop :)

Mad- you looked beautiful at prom. i cried when i saw your pictures. im super sad i couldnt be there to help you get ready and take pictures with you.

Jake- youre a stud. you looked fresssshhh! Thanks for your dearelder. i seriously crack up everytime you write me. the fact that you gave the girls in your group welts and that you won the wildcat rally. it runs in the family. i won my junior year too. SUCKAHHHHH.

Cruzty- youre a freaking punk. i didnt hear from you this week. loser.

Martan- YOU ARE A BEAST! congrats on making cheer! i am so proud of you!!!! im sure you will just do awesome things at harney. excited to hear all about it!!!!

Mom- youre dear elders make my day. seriously- thank you so much for writing me and filling me in on everything. youre great. i NEEEEEED an umbrella. somehow mine is gone. a sturdy plain colored dark one. also did you get my letter about the diva cup?? FIND ME ONE PLEASE. haha but also a waterproof thin watch. target has a bunch of cute ones. i am sending home a package with garments and misc things i will not bring to the philippines. i sent home a tag and a schedule-- have you gotten them?? expect the package this week. love you moms!

Daddy- thanks for writing me. im glad you arent sick anymore!! youve been sicking sick a lot lately, ive been praying for you and mom to have good health so hopefully that helps. i love you daddy-o!!!

John- i got your package. YOU ARE INCREDIBLE. i was shocked when i saw the rose in there. hahaha my comps were surprised and very impressed. haah i love you seriously. keep writing me. i love it. you are the best best best boyfriend EVERRRRR.

Kaycee- i got your letter. thank you for the picture. i loved it. i miss you and i miss telling you everyyyything :/
Auntie Mariechu- i am praying for you and my new baby cousin! love you so much! 2 lbs is tiny but im sure she is strong!! Nanay Bridgida will be helping her from the other side, i have no doubt.
kayla d- i got your dear elder- I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! you are amazing! i know this job will be perfect for you. and thank you for the image of senior year and kloeker and kinect. i died. ill write you back soon!! i love you!!!

Sierra- you are the best for writing me all the time. I LOVE YOU!!!

MAHAL KO KAYO!!!! i love you! everyone please write me before i leave please!! i would love to hear from everyone!!! I miss you all but you are ALL in my prayers. keep me in yours as i head to the philippines in just SIX DAYS!!! :D :O :X But seriously, i am so excited. i love this work, and i truly love being a missionary. You are all incredible and mean so much to me. Love, kapayapaan at mga biyaya (peace and blessings hahahahaha) I LOVE YOU!!

-Sister Littlefield

PS- im sending pictures a lil later. today is nuts cus its "fake" p-day and i have to spread out my time. weird i know.

No comments:

Post a Comment